so stoked daddy!!!
the amount of times i’ve texted this to older men about to buy me presents….
Howeverrrr, I will be there at the end of april/beginning of may for work stuff and school stuff.
in no particular order and excluding the kanye show out of fairness.
1. Pacific! : the band I wanted to see the most of the whole week, did not disappoint. like the shins, but actually good.
2. MAZES: ripped jeans and hooky harmonies.
3. BRAHMS: stick tricks, weird dance moves, and high as fuck energy.
4. Summer Camp : also one of my top bands I wanted to see, seventies tinged lo-fi but not slo-fi britpop moshi moshi duo. [note: only band I saw twice]
5. Boxer Rebellion : acoustic set while eating pizza, nothing better.
6. Tristen : cutesy feminine retroness with a really full sound.
7. Secret Mountains: psychy folk without being dull.
8. Gobble Gobble: expected a boring blog-hype show, but was surprised with a ridiculously solid set.
9. Cloud Nothings: sheepish and loud at the same time.
10. Gayngs: Super groups are super.
1. Do not drink the homebrewed hooch.
2. Austin locals are either the scariest people you’ll ever meet or some of the nicest people.
3. Always have an escape plan.
4. Sometimes it’s okay to have your plans not work out exactly how you planned them on a spreadsheet.
5. Apply sunscreen to your thighs.
6. Most bands suck, like really bad.
7. Being at things alone, is far better than being at things with friends.
8. Taking shots with a future business partner is the best form of lasting, professional networking.
9. It’s okay to take a break to power nap and/or eat something, because you can’t do everything.
10. Ration your business cards.
basically my next 6 months.